News from RT.com
- ‘SHUT YOUR MOUTH’: Fauci rescued from grilling over Covid-19 restrictions & civil liberties as Maxine Waters scolds GOP colleagueby RT on Apr 16, 2021
Pressed in a House hearing to provide clear targets for restoring individual freedoms or answer for the apparent failures of Covid-19 lockdowns, Dr. Anthony Fauci struggled to the point that Democrats cut off GOP questioning. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Florida bill toughens punishment against rioting, looting & monument destruction, as Democrats mourn ‘death of 1st Amendment’by RT on Apr 16, 2021
Lawmakers in Florida have passed a bill that increases punishments for rioting, looting and destruction of monuments, while making it harder for local jurisdictions to defund the police. Democrats condemned it as racist. Read Full Article at RT.com
- 8 people killed & ‘many’ wounded in mass shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolisby RT on Apr 16, 2021
Eight people have been killed and numerous others wounded in a shooting that occurred at a FedEx facility near the Indianapolis International Airport in Indiana, police said. Read Full Article at RT.com
- France finally outlaws sex with children under 15 after Duhamel-Kouchner incest scandal reignites age-of-consent debateby RT on Apr 16, 2021
French lawmakers have adopted a law cracking down on sex with children and incest, following a social media firestorm touched off by allegations of incestuous abuse against a prominent intellectual earlier this year. Read Full Article at RT.com
- China’s economy sees record growth after Covid-19 pandemic slumpby RT on Apr 16, 2021
The Chinese economy has shaken off the aftermath of the coronavirus crisis, expanding at a record pace of 18.3% in the first three months of 2021 compared to a year ago. Read Full Article at RT.com
News from NEWS24
- News24.com | ANC protesters say Ace Magashule should stay where he ison Apr 16, 2021
At least one province missed the deadline for handing up names of members who had been charged with serious crimes and who should step down.
- News24.com | Doctor who failed to submit tax returns pays his dues by performing surgeries for freeon Apr 16, 2021
A Cape Town surgeon who for eight years failed to submit his company income tax returns became the saving grace for 12 patients on a waiting list for surgery.
- News24.com | KZN rugby community, friends in disbelief after 'gentle' South African man killed by US policeon Apr 16, 2021
"No ways, that was not his character. He would have never done that; he was such a gentle person and was very disciplined."
- News24.com | Rassie van der Dussen rues Temba Bavuma's absence in T20 series losson Apr 16, 2021
Proteas batsman Rassie van der Dussen said the loss of Temba Bavuma was a blow for them in the lost T20 series against Pakistan.
- News24.com | Peaky Blinders and Harry Potter actor Helen McCrory, 52, dieson Apr 17, 2021
British film, television and stage actor Helen McCrory has died aged 52 from cancer, her husband and fellow actor Damian Lewis said on Thursday.
News from Business Tech
- Business Talk – In conversation with Investec Bank’s Richard Wainwrightby Staff Writer on Apr 16, 2021
Richard Wainwright is the chief executive officer of Investec Bank Limited and currently the Chairman of the Banking Association of South Africa (BASA).
- South Africa opens Covid-19 vaccine registrations for phase 2 rollout – how to applyby Staff Writer on Apr 16, 2021
Health minister Dr Zweli Mkhize has announced that online registrations for phase 2 of the country's Covid-19 vaccine rollout will officially open at 16h00 on Friday (16 April).
- South Africa’s tourism businesses need to change their models: ministerby Staff Writer on Apr 16, 2021
Tourism minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane says that South African tourism businesses have been particularly hard hit by the pandemic because of their focus on international travellers.
- Property owners in South Africa to be hit by price increases in the next few monthsby Staff Writer on Apr 16, 2021
Record fuel price increases are grabbing headlines at the moment, but home sellers should be even more concerned about the increases in municipal tariffs that will be implemented in just a few months’ time, says Gerhard Kotzé, managing director of the RealNet estate agency group.
- The IMF says a wealth tax could help with Covid-19 recovery – but a Nobel economist disagreesby Staff Writer on Apr 16, 2021
The International Monetary Fund says that taxes on high-income earners and corporations can help advanced economies raise revenues to recover from the global pandemic.
News from The South African
- IPID investigates killing of wife murder suspect after manhuntby Lyse Comins on Apr 16, 2021
IPID is investigating the shooting after the armed man emerged from his hiding place in the bush and threw stones at police officers.
- SuperSport United give Bradley Grobler update: 2 to 3 weeks from a returnby Garrin Lambley on Apr 16, 2021
SuperSport United striker Bradley Grobler is "two to three weeks away" from a return to fitness says head coach Kaitano Tembo.
- Airlink spreads its wings with regional routes, more flightsby Lorne Philpot on Apr 16, 2021
Local independent airline Airlink will be operating flights to more regional routes and increasing frequencies on others from May 2021.
- Buckingham Palace reveals guest-list for Prince Philip’s funeralby Erene Roux on Apr 16, 2021
Prince William and Prince Harry will walk apart while the Queen will sit alone at Prince Philip's funeral.
- George Lebese close to making debut for Tshakhuma FCby Garrin Lambley on Apr 16, 2021
Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila have confirmed that new signing George Lebese should be ready for his first match in the next two weeks.
Good news from South Africa
- Feed has no items.
News from My Broadband
- Takealot clearance sale − Big discounts on smartphones, laptops, and gadgetsby Chris Venter on Apr 16, 2021
The South African ecommerce market is booming with some of its biggest retailers competing to dominate the online platform.
- Ferrari will unveil its first electric car in 2025by Bloomberg on Apr 16, 2021
Ferrari NV is coming around to the idea of adding a fully electric supercar to the fold.
- Get the latest tech on contract with Incredible Connectionby Partner on Apr 16, 2021
Get the latest tech on contract! With incredible MTN, Telkom and Vodacom deals for you, we’ve made it easier to stay in touch, stay productive and stay entertained with your favourite Tech on contract.
- Uncapped broadband from Afrihost for R297 per monthby Staff Writer on Apr 16, 2021
Afrihost has slashed the price of its Pure DSL packages with uncapped, unshaped broadband prices now starting at R297 per month.
- Not all satellite services are created equalby Partner on Apr 16, 2021
As media awareness grows and the market realises the potential of satellite services, it is becoming increasingly important to discuss architecture specifics in order to guide application design and network implementation considerations.
News from the Daily Maverick
- SPOTLIGHT: Hope in the Eastern Cape: A doctor reflects on the turnaround at Madwaleni Hospitalon Apr 15, 2021
Vaccinations of health workers at Madwaleni Hospital in the rural Eastern Cape were set to start this week. However, steering this rural hospital to this point through a global pandemic had its challenges.
- A world of trouble: Iranian nukes, rattling Russian sabres on Ukrainian border and the ‘forever war’ — over to you, President Bidenon Apr 15, 2021
The Ukrainian-Russian standoff continues to be troublesome, especially with the injection of thousands of Russian troops for exercises right at the border. Meanwhile, Americans find other diplomatic issues occupy their attention. This is good business for diplomats looking for work to do.
- MAVERICK CITIZEN: Responding to Covid at street level: Working with love to feed hungry children in Imizamo Yethuon Apr 15, 2021
Sindiswa Manxeba started a soup kitchen out of her home in Imizamo Yethu, Cape Town, when lockdown began in 2020. She and her team work primarily to help feed the children of the nearby school, who queue in the street outside.
- World: Low to medium risk of Russian invasion of Ukraine in next few weeks -US generalon Apr 15, 2021
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - There is a "low to medium" risk that Russia will invade Ukraine over the next few weeks, the top U.S. general in Europe said on Thursday, in the first such military assessment amid mounting concern about Russian troop movements toward Ukraine's borders.
- World: Pence Gets Pacemaker After Experiencing Slow Heart Rateon Apr 15, 2021
(Bloomberg) --Former Vice President Mike Pence said he had a pacemaker implanted after experiencing symptoms associated with a slow heart rate during the past two weeks and is expected to fully recover.
News from Sowetan Live
- 'I stopped the Guptas and Duduzane Zuma': Lucky Montanaby Mawande@sundaytimes.co.za (Mawande AmaShabalala) on Apr 16, 2021
'The Guptas tried to manipulate our rolling stock programme and I stopped them. I fought with them,' former Prasa boss Lucky Montana told the state capture inquiry on Friday.
- Gqeberha court jails man for fraud, cloned bank cardson Apr 16, 2021
Phalo Sixishe and Edgar Duma presented forged cards at petrol stations and shops.
- This flashback to gospel legend Rebecca Malope singing Afropop is pure magicon Apr 16, 2021
Here's a fun fact: Dr Rebecca Malope didn't start out as a gospel singer.
- Amnesty International report exposes Zimbabwe stateless crisisby firstname.lastname@example.org (Graeme Hosken) on Apr 16, 2021
Human rights watchdog shows how survivors and relatives of those massacred are deliberately denied crucial documents.
- Zinnbauer aims to move on quickly from Pirates’ 4-1 embarrassment to Sundownsby email@example.com (Mahlatse Mphahlele) on Apr 16, 2021
Following the heavy 4-1 loss to Mamelodi Sundowns‚ Orlando Pirates coach Josef Zinnbauer has turned his attention to the final push in the DStv Premiership and the Confederation Cup.
News from M&G
- Feed has no items.