News from RT.com
- A.J. McKee dominates in Bellator’s $1 million match as Khabib continues to oversee Russian ‘takeover’ of US fight leagueby RT on Aug 1, 2021
A.J. McKee made light work of Bellator icon Patricio Freire to win the $1 million featherweight Grand Prix, while Khabib Nurmagomedov extended his unbeaten run as a coach on what was a dominant night for Russian MMA in California. Read Full Article at RT.com
- YouTube bans Sky News Australia for a week over alleged Covid misinformationby RT on Aug 1, 2021
YouTube has suspended one of the largest media companies in Australia, local Sky News, from posting on its platform for allegedly breaching Covid-19 misinformation policies. It has also reportedly had some of its videos removed. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Suspended star Richardson hails ‘powerful, strong black women’ for ‘dominating’ sprinting after Olympic 100m record falls (VIDEO)by RT on Aug 1, 2021
American sprinter Sha'Charri Richardson, who is sitting out the Tokyo 2020 Olympics after a controversial suspension for a positive marijuana test, has drawn mixed reactions after hailing Jamaica's clean sweep in the women's 100m. Read Full Article at RT.com
- UK govt is working with companies to offer cheap fast food for Covid-vaxxed youth, despite warning of obesity riskby RT on Aug 1, 2021
The UK government is cooperating with major food delivery companies such as Uber and Deliveroo to offer discounted fast foods for young people who get vaccinated against Covid-19. Read Full Article at RT.com
- ‘My heart is with his family’: F1 champ Hamilton ‘devastated’ by death of volunteer marshal killed when racing car spun off trackby RT on Aug 1, 2021
Formula One king Lewis Hamilton has been among those to pay tribute after a volunteer was killed in a horrific tragedy at iconic British racing circuit Brands Hatch, with organizers confirming the tragedy following a bad crash. Read Full Article at RT.com
News from NEWS24
- News24.com | TAKE A LOOK | FNB to open mobile branches, ATMs in areas affected by unreston Aug 2, 2021
FNB will roll out mobile ATMs in Dalton and Harding and then Jozini and Richmond. In Gauteng, it will deploy mobile ATMs to Vosloorus, Sebokeng, Diepkloof and Orange Farm.
- News24.com | Wayde van Niekerk stunned in 400m SFs, finishes 5th to be eliminated in Tokyoon Aug 2, 2021
Olympic champion and world record holder Wayde van Niekerk has been eliminated from the men's 400m at the Tokyo Games.
- News24.com | VBS heist: Pre-trial hearing postponed as accused appoint new defence teamson Aug 2, 2021
The VBS Mutual Bank pre-trial hearing has been delayed after a number of the accused appointed new legal representatives over the weekend.
- News24.com | Adriaan Basson | Why I chose to be vaccinatedon Aug 2, 2021
Although it remains a personal decision for every adult whether to vaccinate or not, it is not a decision without consequences, writes Adriaan Basson.
- News24.com | R158m Powerball winner plans dream home and seaside tripon Aug 2, 2021
The unemployed mom who won the R158 million Powerball has her sights set on designing and building the house she has always dreamed of, and a trip to the seaside.
News from Business Tech
- 5 tax changes announced for South Africa – including one that will hit people looking to emigrateby Staff Writer on Aug 1, 2021
National Treasury published the latest Draft Tax Bills on 28 July 2021, which incorporate the tax proposals made in the 2021 Budget.
- Blow to full reopening of schools in South Africa: reportby Staff Writer on Aug 1, 2021
Thousands of schools across South Africa will not be able to resume full-time classes on Monday (2 August), as they are not able to meet the physical distance requirements for learners and staff, the Sunday Times reports.
- Capitec boss Gerrie Fourie on the future of South Africa’s banking sectorby Staff Writer on Aug 1, 2021
Sentiment around South Africa’s economic future may be somewhat dubious and uncertain, but the country offers a myriad of opportunities for innovation and resourcefulness.
- The ‘zoom boom’ semigration trend in South Africaby Staff Writer on Aug 1, 2021
Among the many things the pandemic has shown us, the most encouraging is that, when faced with the need and the opportunity, South Africans have the willingness to embrace ways to restructure our present and the foresight to plan for a reimagining of the future.
- Here are the do’s and don’ts for your next Zoom meeting – Don’t forget to wear pantsby Staff Writer on Aug 1, 2021
The increase in Zoom meetings comes with some serious plusses, says recruitment specialist Glassdoor.
News from The South African
- Enjoy Junior Khanye’s football analysis? How about his music album then? It could be coming soonby Yolulwe Qoshe on Aug 2, 2021
Former footballer turn football analyst Junior Khanye is reportedly keen on venturing into a career in the music industry.
- Soapie teasers: What’s happening in 7de Laan in August 2021?by SA TV and Soapies on Aug 2, 2021
Another great month ahead.
- The River: what is happening E1 S4 – Monday 2 August 2021by SA TV and Soapies on Aug 2, 2021
On tonight's episode of The River....
- Springboks v British & Irish Lions Test put All Blacks coach to sleep! Zzzzzzby Garrin Lambley on Aug 2, 2021
All Blacks coach Ian Foster was asked what he had made of the second Test of the series between the Springboks and the British & Irish Lions.
- 7de Laan: What is happening Monday 02 August 2021 – E172 S22by SA TV and Soapies on Aug 2, 2021
Don't miss out on what's happening on tonight's episode!
Good news from South Africa
- Feed has no items.
News from My Broadband
- Who will connect the other 96% – and how?by Partner on Aug 2, 2021
If we are going to connect every household, alternative solutions and providers will be required.
- SA Post Office’s plan to block all courier deliveries under 1kgby Staff Writer on Aug 2, 2021
South Africa Post Office CEO Nomkhita Mona says they are the only company allowed to deliver parcels between 0 and 1 kilogram.
- 4 factors that will influence your car’s trade-in valueby Partner on Aug 2, 2021
While the make, model and popularity of a car influences its resale value, the features and options you chose on your current car when you initially bought it also have a considerable impact on its trade-in value!
- Tesla Big Battery burningby Bloomberg on Aug 2, 2021
Local authorities are struggling to control a fire at one of Tesla's biggest utility-scale batteries in Australia after the blaze initially erupted on Friday.
- Getting a gun in South Africa — and the fight against new gun lawsby Hanno Labuschagne on Aug 2, 2021
This is how gun owners helped fight against looting in South Africa and how you can get a licence to possess a firearm.
News from the Daily Maverick
- World: Army patrols Sydney streets as Brisbane extends COVID-19 lockdownby Reuters on Aug 2, 2021
SYDNEY, Aug 2 (Reuters) - Australian officials on Monday extended a snap three-day lockdown in the city of Brisbane and some neighbouring regions while hundreds of army personnel began patrolling Sydney to help enforce COVID-19 lockdown rules.
- Business Maverick: Global Copper Supply at Risk As Workers Vote to Strikeby Bloomberg on Aug 2, 2021
A tightening global copper market is facing the real possibility of simultaneous strike disruptions at three mines in Chile, the top producer.
- Business Maverick: China Stocks Fall as Traders Digest Beijing’s Crackdown Signalsby Bloomberg on Aug 2, 2021
Chinese stocks fell as investors digested Beijing’s latest signals over a regulatory crackdown that has roiled markets.
- Business Maverick: Square to Buy Afterpay for $29 Billion to Tap Younger Usersby Bloomberg on Aug 2, 2021
Square Inc., the digital-payments platform led by Twitter Inc. founder Jack Dorsey, agreed to buy Australian buy-now, pay-later company Afterpay Ltd. for $29 billion in its largest-ever acquisition.
- Business Maverick: Bitcoin Pares Weekend Rally That Took Coin to Highest Since Mayby Bloomberg on Aug 2, 2021
Bitcoin retreated Monday back toward $40,000 after climbing over the weekend to the highest levels since May.
News from Sowetan Live
- READER LETTER | Cele, Sitole should work in unisonon Aug 2, 2021
The police minister Bheki Cele and the national police commissioner Khehla Sitole are two captains of a ship about to hit a rock and sink our country into the abyssal depths of an uncertain future.
- READER LETTER | Leaderless SA is a lawless stateon Aug 2, 2021
“A corrupt ANC will be far worse than apartheid,” said Oliver Tambo, president of the ANC from 1967 to 1991.
- READER LETTER | End of road for wily Zumaon Aug 2, 2021
Jacob Zuma has once again taken the justice system for another ride with his rescission application of his 15 months prison sentence.
- READER LETTER | Try gardening to improve your moodon Aug 2, 2021
Research has shown that looking after plants and growing new plants improves a person's mood and reduces stress. Even a few plants make people feel calmer and happier.
- R5 rifles, shotguns and ammunition taken in police station robberyby email@example.com (Iavan Pijoos) on Aug 2, 2021
Three men escaped with R5 rifles, shotguns and ammunition after robbing a police station at the weekend.
News from M&G
- Feed has no items.